Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another post about...

Did I actually have the nerve to say that we have been experiencing a time of peace here Ian-wise? Did I really put that thought out into the cosmos? Well, the last laugh is on me.

Last night Ian exploded to life at 3:00 a.m. and was in a major party mood--woo-hooooo! We heard him bouncing around his room screeching and laughing and basically making as much noise as humanly possible. John checked on him once, and I checked on him once. I knew I should continue to check on him from time to time but... I. Was. Too. Tired. More's the pity.

At 6:00 a.m., John went to get him up for school, and we were greeted with----POOP! Everywhere. On the windows. On the floor. On his blankets. On him. He was grinning ear to ear and just as happy as could be. John and I exchanged the usual grim let's-get-to-work looks and set about scrubbing everything in sight and then scrubbing Ian. There is a horrible temptation when one is tired and irritated to take all that frustration out on one's spouse.  Well, at least I have that temptation--John seems to maintain his calm and patience at all times. Not me. So I was a little short with him and not as gracious and patient as I could have been. Sigh. But John is very forgiving---darn it! He's nearly perfect! Luckily, he loves and accepts me in all my imperfection, and he knows how much I love him, and how grateful I am to share this adventure in raising Ian with someone like him.

I just realized this is ANOTHER post about poop! How's that for a recurring theme in one's life. POOP! Well, poop happens.

1 comment:

  1. Poop does indeed happen. And life sends us all challenges. Yours came in the form of a bouncing, baby boy who won't ever grow up, But you have a loving partner to walk beside you through life. You are a lucky woman in many ways.

    ReplyDelete