Saturday, January 1, 2011

A bit of an addition to my New Years post

O.K., so my husband reads my latest post and tells me that I have missed some details. Apparently, hibernating in the closet last night was a good move on my part, because I missed "the rest of the story." John spent about a half hour in our bed with Ian and then told him that he would lie down with him in his room. Off they went to Ian's room, where John stayed another 15 minutes and then left. A non-sleepy Ian started bouncing around his room, so John went in to lay down with him again for another 15 minutes and--Praise the Lord--Ian finally fell asleep around 1:30 a.m. John went to bed, but woke up at 4 a.m. with the feeling that he should check on Ian. He did so and discovered that he was completely naked (but at least he was still asleep!) So he dressed him and went back to bed. Ian came into our room at 8 a.m to snuggle under the covers.

All this time yours truly was blissfully snoozing in the safe haven of our wee little closet, blissfully unaware of all the activity going on. Hmmm....perhaps I should make this a regular thing! No, I think John would eventually catch on and pry me out of my cocoon. Drat!

No comments:

Post a Comment