Saturday, January 1, 2011

Uh...Happy New Year?

There is an entity that takes over my son from time to time. He can be happy and giggling one moment and in a flash, this entity appears and---hoo boy---things...uh...change.

Yesterday at about 11:00 (I know, way before midnight...I couldn't last), Ian and I went upstairs to hang out. We sat in my bed while I read, and he giggled. All was well. Then I became very sleepy and decided Ian's continued party-attitude did not mesh with my need to sleep, so I put him in his room. About an hour later (yes! midnight!) John came in after checking on him to tell me that he had peed copiously on the floor. Sigh. So, I get up, change Ian and stick him in bed with me while John did the honors with Ian's floor. Ian was giggling and bouncing on the bed, and I must have voiced some slight annoyance, because all of the sudden, he was invaded by the entity (cue the creepy music.) Ian tried to pull my hair and pinch me, so I got out of bed and called to John who rushed upstairs to help me. I went into the closet to try to sleep when all of the sudden I heard John exclaim sharply and then heard a sound from Ian which can only be described as an ululation. If you have ever seen those horror movies where someone becomes possessed, you have an idea of the quality of the sound that came out of Ian's mouth. John had exclaimed because in his anxious, angry frenzy, Ian had broken off the middle finial on the headboard of our bed. Yep, yanked it right off! Crack! When Ian realized that John was angry, he just lost it. I emerged from the closet in time to help wrap Ian in a blanket and sit on him while John held his arms. Ian thrashed and screamed for just a bit, and then quickly quieted down. We stayed in this position for about 10 minutes until we were fairly sure Ian had calmed down. Then as suddenly as the entity appeared, it disappeared, and the giggling, happy Ian re-entered. Shew! No exorcism was required. This time.

Well, Happy New Year everyone! What a way to start the year! Oy Vey!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Katie--I hope one of your New Years resolutions is to keep going and expand on this amazing blog you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bumped into your blog, I know its been a long time since you've updated, but I hope you see this : my friend makes deep pressure therapy vests to help folks with Autism, as I saw your description of wrapping Ian up in a blanket and sitting on him, it rang a little bell in my head. I hope this helps at all, its becoming a well known and awarded product in Canada - Meet the SnugVest http://snugvest.com/products/snug-vest/

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete