Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dec. 5

I think Ian is going through a somewhat manic phase. He can't seem to sit still for even a minute---and he used to sit for at least a short while to watch his movies or just "chillax." Last night John and I rented Toy Story 3 thinking Ian would enjoy it (he likes the other Toy Story movies), but he was jumping around like a Mexican jumping bean all evening. At one point he went upstairs, and suddenly it got quiet---too quiet--so I went upstairs to check on him (we keep all our upstairs doors locked so he can't go into bedrooms and wreak havoc. I often feel like a housekeeper of old with a ring of keys on my belt.) He was happily ensconced in front of the linen closet throwing out all the towels and sheets, and then taking off the tiny little rubber thingies that are on the ends of the metal shelves (this is hard to describe). We spent the next half hour reassembling the linen closet--I guess we'll have to get a lock for THAT also! John also took out the light in Ian's room as he was happily jumping around stark naked in front of the window (we can't have curtains in his room as he tears them down. In fact, I always describe his room as the "mad monk" room. It just has wrestling mats on the floor and lots of blankets---he smears his feces so often he ruins mattresses. There is also no furniture in his room as he dumps out all his clothes.) BUT, he was a happy little man all night---just hyper. Well, he's not so little--he is now 5'10" and 153 lbs (to my 5'3", 110 lbs. Because of this height and weigh disparity John has to deal with all the really physical interactions with Ian. I'm still able to bathe him [although I usually get almost as wet as Ian!])

No comments:

Post a Comment