Thursday, December 9, 2010

What a wild ride!

So, I have been encouraged by a few gracious and kind friends to blog about my life with my 18-year old autistic son. So here I go. I started putting a few things on my facebook page, which I will just paste here to begin. Just let me say, living and loving someone with severe, non-verbal autism has been nothing short of a wild, wild ride. Some days I'm riding with style, and some days I'm just hanging on for dear life. I am extraordinarily lucky to have a truly saintly (but not TOO saintly), humorous, intelligent, creative and dedicated spouse to ride with me. I could not do this without him. Not in a million years. We are also fortunate to have medicaid funded help---I would be lost without our wonderful caregivers. No really, LOST. I am grateful down to the bone for the daily help. O.K. We'll see how this goes.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Katie! It is so great that you are blogging this--you are an amazing writer as well as an amazing mother.

    ReplyDelete